You’re probably wondering what the ’em is? The answer: anything sweet, yummy and fattening. If you’re anything like me, you like to bake cookies, cakes, and other tasty treats, but don’t really need the fat and calories that come afterwards. Therefore, I have decided the best way to handle this situation is to be generous.
Who doesn’t like to be the recipient of a box of cookies or a pie? It makes you feel special and important to get homemade treats. So, why not make your treats and give them away.
My son and I love to bake cookies and cakes together, but believe it or not, he is not really big into eating them. (I guess I should be happy about that.) While, on the other hand, I love anything sweet.
We have so much fun making a mess in the kitchen, and I don’t want to miss out on those times just because I don’t need sweets sitting around the house. If you have this same problem, here is what to do with those sweets: Give them away! Give them to who?
- A neighbor – get to know those new neighbors that just moved in
- A close friend – or someone you would like to get to know better
- An aunt or uncle – maybe one you haven’t seen in a while
- Your child’s classmates at school – you’ll be the cool mom for sure if you send the treats
- Your Pastor and family – they really deserve a special treat
- The hubby’s co-workers – send them to work with your husband, it’ll make him proud, too
- Anyone you know that needs to feel special – maybe you know someone who is sick or sad
This idea is so simple because by just putting cookies or brownies in a decorative basket with bows or ribbons attached, or by putting a cake or pie in a cute little box, you can be the bright spot in somebody’s day. It doesn’t have to be Christmas, a birthday or any other special occasion. Just try it. It will also make your day a little brighter too.
Here are links to some of my favorite treats:
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION