Recently, I have turned into a yogurt fanatic. It’s truly my favorite afternoon snack. I think I even got my mom hooked on it while we were all at the lake for the Fourth of July week.
Since I only buy plain yogurt though, I add other ingredients, such as fruit, maple syrup and granola, to make it my special treat.
As far as I’m concerned, nothing tops a bowl of yogurt quite like a wholesome flavor filled granola. It’s easy to make and well worth the effort.
Fruit and Nut Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup nuts (almonds, walnuts or pecans), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil (I use coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or other favorite dried fruit)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, coconut and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread mixture into a large baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, stirring about every 5 minutes.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Store in an air tight container.
In addition to using this granola as a topping, I use it to make delicious Hearty Whole Wheat Granola Pancakes. They are very filling and nutritious. The recipe for those is coming up shortly.
Until then, you can enjoy the granola like this….
Doesn’t that just look delightful!?!
Do you eat granola? How do you like to eat it?
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION