One of our favorite places to eat, when we eat out, is Cracker Barrel for a few reasons. The food is always wonderful, the kids eat well, and it’s reasonably priced for the food and service.
The last time we stopped at a Cracker Barrel, my husband ordered their Six Grain n’ Granola Pancakes. He thought they were pretty good, but that I could probably make some he would like even better.
Wow! No pressure. It’s just…..Cracker Barrel!!! How was I going to compete with Cracker Barrel?!?
- Part One : Create a really tasty granola with fruit and nuts. Done!
- Part Two: Incorporate the granola into our favorite whole wheat pancake recipe (and hope for the best 😀 ).
Hearty Whole Wheat Granola Pancakes
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Granola (Fruit and Nut)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients.
- Mix butter, eggs and buttermilk in another bowl.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until moist.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray, or melted butter, over medium heat.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Flip pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Makes 12 – 14 pancakes
The hubby said these were much better than Cracker Barrel’s version. Success!! Really, we all loved these pancakes, and they are super filling and freeze well.
Man, I’m hungry for one of these right now. Too bad it 10:00 pm….
What’s your favorite type of pancake? Plain, Chocolate Chip, Banana, Blueberry, etc….
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION