With school barely over two weeks away, I realized I had better be getting into gear and filling the freezer with some easy breakfast and snack items. The last thing I want is to be in the kitchen trying to fix breakfast those first couple of weeks.
It always takes a while to get back into the routine of getting up earlier and getting everybody ready to go out the door. Since the kids usually like to keep it simple anyway, I had several freezer friendly options to start the year off, including muffins, waffles and sweet breads.
Also, I figured since I was going to be in the kitchen all day, I might as well make some other bread items while I was at it. Here’s what I got accomplished this week.
Baking Day #1
- Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns (I used all whole wheat flour for these.)
- Whole Wheat Waffles
- Toasted Almond & Banana Waffles (Yum! Recipe coming soon…)
- Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits (Absent on picture day. Oops! 🙂 )
- Applesauce Muffins (I used this Applesauce Bread recipe.)
- Whole Wheat Honey Muffins
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
Baking Day #2
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread (I’m seeing French Toast in our future.)
- Pumpkin Bread (I still had pumpkin in the freezer from last October that needed to be used.)
- Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookie Dough
Well, the freezer is looking mighty fine with all this yummy food inside. This was my first time doing this much baking in two days, and I have to admit, it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Yes, my feet were hurting a little at the end of the day after standing on them so long, but I’m sure it will be worth it though in the long run.
What homemade foods do you like to keep in the freezer for quick fix meals or snacks?
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION