Oooh….I made these “just peachy” muffins this week. They were so good! I got inspired when I saw Amy’s Peaches ‘N Cream Muffins a while back.
Since I changed a few of the ingredients to make them a little more on the healthy side, I’ll be posting my version of the recipe shortly.
As far as the menu planning goes, it’s going to be a busy week for us. First off, the kids both start back to school tomorrow. Then on Wednesday, I have a consultation with a Lasik surgeon about getting my eyes fixed.
I’m a little anxious about having the surgery, but at the same time I’m ready to get rid of these glasses if possible.
All that being said, the menu plan is pretty simple this week, especially toward the end of the week, because the doctor’s office told me I may be able to have the surgery done the end of this week. If not, it will be another whole month
Here’s what’s cooking this week:
- Sunday - Just Peachy Whole Wheat Muffins
- Monday - Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (David’s 1st day of school request!)
- Tuesday - Eggs, Turkey Bacon, Cinnamon Toast
- Wednesday - Hearty Whole Wheat Granola Pancakes
- Thursday - Whole Wheat Honey Muffins
- Friday - Breakfast Burritos
- Saturday - Turkey Sausage, Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits
- Sunday - Chili Dogs (All Beef), Kettle Chips
- Monday - Grilled Chicken Strips, Peas & Carrots, Rice
- Tuesday - Steaks, Corn Salad, Baked Potato Wedges
- Wednesday - Cheesy Beef & Rice Burritos
- Thursday - Pizza
- Friday - Hamburgers
- Saturday - Campfire Chicken
Lunches usually consist of leftovers from the night before, or grilled cheese quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas, fruit, and other quick fix foods.
In all honesty, I probably should have called this a tentative menu plan for the week. With all that’s going on, I make no guarantees.
What’s on your menu this week?
This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
- Menu Plan for the Week 8/7 - 8/13 Since we spent all last week at the lake with my family, the kids and I didn't do our summer...
- Menu Plan for the Week 9/4 - 9/10 The past week has been really exciting for us. After our house sitting on the market for five months, we...
- Menu Plan for the Week 9/18-9/24 As far as dinners go, this week I'm looking forward to a fairly simple week with an out of the...
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION