What a week we had last week!! It was good. The kids started school, and they both like their teachers. That’s always a relief.
The best part of the week for me though was having my Lasik surgery last Thursday morning. I had worn glasses or contacts for over 10 years, so it’s really exciting to finally be able to see again without either of them.
When I went in for my post-op check up on Friday, I was able to read the 20/15 line. Of course, my eyes will probably fluctuate some over the next few weeks or months, but that’s definitely a good start.
Anyway, with those exciting events behind us, it’s time to get into a normal routine, which includes my meal plan for the week.
Here’s what’s cooking this week:
- Sunday – Cereal or Pancakes
- Monday – Cinnamon Swirl Bread French Toast
- Tuesday – Omelets, Buttered Toast
- Wednesday – Toasted Almond & Banana Waffles
- Thursday – Egg Sandwiches
- Friday – Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Saturday – Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls
- Sunday – Leftovers
- Monday – Grilled Pork Chops, Sauteed Cinnamon Apples, Buttered Whole Wheat Egg Noodles
- Tuesday – Bacon & Tomato Linguine, Garlic Bread
- Wednesday – Cheesy Chicken & Vegetable Bake
- Thursday – Sloppy Joes, Chips
- Friday – Chicken Fajitas
- Saturday – Meatballs w/Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Black Eyed Peas, Okra
Lunches usually consist of leftovers from the night before, or grilled cheese quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas, fruit, and other quick fix foods.
In addition to these meals, I’m also planning on doing quite a bit of baking to get caught up on what I missed last week.
Here’s the baking plan for the week:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Done. I made these with coconut oil and raw sugar. Delicious!)
- Honey Oatmeal Bread (I’m trying this with all whole wheat flour this time.)
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies (Can’t wait to try these)
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Graham Crackers
- Cinnamon Raisin Honey Whole Wheat Bagels (I’m going to experiment with cinnamon and raisins.)
- Fruit and Nut Granola
We’ll see how much of this I get done 🙂
What’s on your menu, or baking plan, this week?
This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION