Last week’s menu plan went pretty much according to schedule, but the baking I had planned pretty much didn’t.
I was able to get the Homemade Graham Crackers made (yum!) and the Honey Oatmeal Bread baked, which, by the way, turned out fabulously with a few changes. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get the new version of the oatmeal bread posted soon.
Now just because I wasn’t able to keep to my original baking plan doesn’t mean I didn’t spend time baking last week. My husband called me Thursday to tell me he had forgotten to turn his cell phone off during a class we was taking for work.
The penalty: He either had to take everyone out for drinks or provide breakfast for the class of 13 men Friday morning.
Since we don’t drink and don’t encourage others to do so, he chose the second option. Thankfully, I love to bake.
This week since my husband is not going to be joining us for dinner, I planned a very kid friendly menu for the first part of the week. Then we’re all going out of town for Labor Day weekend, so I guess you could say, I’ve got it easy this week
Here’s what’s cooking this week:
- Sunday - Hearty Whole Wheat Granola Pancakes
- Monday - Baked Raisin Pecan Oatmeal
- Tuesday - Bacon, Eggs, Toast
- Wednesday - Breakfast Burritos
- Thursday - Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits, Eggs
- Friday - Toasted Almond & Banana Waffles
- Saturday - Out of Town
- Sunday - Eat Out
- Monday - Homemade Pizza
- Tuesday - Macaroni & Cheese Casserole, Fried Okra (One of my kids’ absolute favorite meals!)
- Wednesday - Turkey Dogs
- Thursday - Not sure Yet (Something that won’t leave leftovers)
- Friday - Out of Town
- Saturday - Out of Town
Lunches usually consist of leftovers from the night before, or grilled cheese quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas, fruit, and other quick fix foods.
Yeah, I know. This is definitely not my finest menu plan, but we all deserve a break every once in a while, right?
What’s on your menu plan this week?
This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
- Menu Plan for the Week 8/21 - 8/27 What a week we had last week!! It was good. The kids started school, and they both like their teachers....
- Menu Plan for the Week 9/11 - 9/17 Once again we had a lot going on last week. My husband took our daughter on a field trip, with...
- Menu Plan for the Week 9/25 - 10/1 I know I'm a little behind this week getting my menu posted. I usually work on it on Saturday, but...
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION