Once again we had a lot going on last week. My husband took our daughter on a field trip, with her preschool class, to a local apple orchard on Wednesday. I had my Lasik post-op checkup that day so I wasn’t able to go, but it made for a fun daddy-daughter day!
They brought back a bag of the biggest apples I have ever seen! I’m not kidding. Oh, and they are so delicious. They make me never want an apple from the grocery store again. I’m not generally one to just sit down and eat an apple, but I almost craved those.
Oh and in case you’re curious, my eye appointment went very well. I am now seeing 20/15 in each eye. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that well.
As far as the menu plan goes, I didn’t stick to it very well last week, but I’m hoping to do a better job this week.
Here’s what’s cooking this week:
- Sunday – Cereal/Waffles/Muffins
- Monday – Bacon & Eggs
- Tuesday – Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
- Wednesday – Egg Sandwiches
- Thursday – Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins
- Friday – Sausage & Buttermilk Biscuits (I’m cheating and using white flour. I have some in the pantry that I bought before I started using all whole wheat. It needs to be used.)
- Saturday – Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, Fruit
- Lunches usually consist of leftovers from the night before, or grilled cheese quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas, fruit, and other quick fix foods.
- Sunday – Chili Dogs, Kettle Chips
- Monday –Meatballs w/Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Black eyed Peas
- Tuesday – Lasagna Casserole, Garlic Bread, Salad
- Wednesday – Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Corn
- Thursday – Baked Spaghetti, Cheesy Bread Sticks, Salad
- Friday –Campfire Chicken, Cornbread Muffins
- Saturday – Sloppy Joes on Whole Wheat Buns
What’s on your menu this week?
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION