Well, I finally got my steak last week and it was delicious! The kids and I also got to make an extra fun little treat.
Have you ever had Knox blox? Honestly, I had never even heard of these until a few weeks ago. I had some awesome Knox coupons that landed me free Knox gelatine. The problem was, I had to find a way to use the Knox.
That was when my husband introduced me to Knox blox. His mom used to make these for him when he was a kid. It’s basically just a harder form of Jello that you can cut into squares or make shapes with cookie cutters without it falling apart on you.
Here’s what you need.
- 2 (3 oz) pkgs Jell-o Gelatin
- 3 envelopes Knox Gelatine
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 8 x 11 baking dish
Here’s what you do.
- Mix the ingredients together very well in the baking dish.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours to make sure it’s well hardened.
Then for the fun part, use cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes.
I recommend using good sharp cookie cutters. Mine are not very sharp so the cuts on our shapes were not as neat as I would have liked. Of course, the kids didn’t notice. They just thought it was fun to cut and eat the shapes. 🙂
And now for this week’s menu plan…
~Here’s What’s Cooking this Week~
- Monday – Sausage Gravy over Buttermilk Biscuits
- Tuesday – Clam Chowder with Oyster Crackers
- Wednesday – Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad
- Thursday –Chicken Stir Fry over Rice, Spring Rolls
- Friday -Hamburgers, Baked Potato Wedges
- Saturday – Leftovers/Sandwiches
- Sunday – Eat Out
Have a great week!!
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION