First of all, the Hollywood or magazine model body is NOT the definition of a sexy body. A sexy body is one in which you do the best that you can with what God gave you. Of course, that will mean that you may have to work a little, or a lot, to get there. The good news though is that you can do it!
Now, that we’ve got that out of the way, I have a few questions for you regarding your workout status.
- Are you unsure about how to incorporate exercise into your regular routine?
- Do you need a little guidance and motivation to get started working out?
- Are you having trouble finding time, or think that you don’t have the time to get fit?
If you answered yes to these questions, I can help.
Telling you straight, it’s never easy to begin a workout program, whether you are just starting out or whether you are getting back into exercise after being out for awhile. You probably already know that though.
However, I’ve been committed to my workout program for several years now, so I’d like to let you in on the steps I took to get started and some tips on how I stay motivated.
Let’s begin with the basics – what is the point of exercising anyway?
Determining the reason for your desire to begin any exercise program is the first place to start. This will help you decide which type of workout will suit you best. There are many reasons why it is important that we all participate in some form of exercise regularly. Here are just a few:
- Weight loss – Of course, usually the first thing that comes to mind with women when they think of exercise is losing weight. This is probably the major reason most women start working out.
- Strength – Particularly when working with light weights and other strength building equipment, you can really get toned and build strong muscles. Now, I don’t mean you will end up looking like a body builder. Although, it’s possible if that is what you want.
- Energy – This never really made much since to me until I started working out on a regular basis, but you really will have more energy if you exercise. I find that I am much more lazy and tired on days that I don’t workout than on the days that I do. Keep in mind that this may not be the case when you initially begin your workout regimen.
- Health – Exercise helps you build strong bones and joints, reduces stress, and helps keep blood pressure down. It also helps you sleep better, as well as many other benefits to your body.
- Self-Image – When you know that you are doing something good for yourself, it just makes you feel better about yourself. In addition, as you work hard toward your weight loss and/or toning goals, you will begin to look better and feel better physically.
How do you know where to start?
First of all, you need to determine what type of exercise will best fit into your lifestyle. Since there are so many options available anyone can find something they can do and enjoy.
Think about what you like to do. Then, think about how these things can fit into your life right now.
For me, I find that working out with videos works best for my lifestyle.
What are some advantages to workout videos?
Videos are not dependent upon the weather, and you can workout without worrying about finding someone to keep the kids or trying to take the kids with you.
In addition, many exercise videos are available to choose from, at all workout levels, from beginner to advanced. Whether you are all about plain simple aerobics, dance, yoga, kickboxing or weight training, there is a video out there for you.
A great place to preview exercise videos is at Collage Video. This website provides a short clip of all their videos, which gives you a good idea of whether you might like a particular workout or not. I use this feature regularly and find it extremely helpful.
However, you do not have to purchase the videos from there. I find it cheaper to go through Amazon.com, which usually always has whichever video I am interested in purchasing.
If you don’t go for the at-home workouts, what other options do you have?
Other great workout possibilities include, biking, walking, swimming, working out at the gym, playing sports, or even just running around outside with your kids. It is also a good idea to mix it all up sometimes. Regardless of which activity, or activities, you choose, the key is to be consistent.
Tomorrow, in Get Up, Get Moving, and Get Sexy, Part 2, we’ll be exploring the easiest ways to get started and stay motivated in your exercise routine. Whether you are already in great shape or just getting started, these tips will help you get YOUR sexiest body ever.
If you workout regularly what type of activity do you find fits into your lifestyle best? If not, do you have any ideas of what progam might work best for you?
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION