If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you may remember me referencing Collage Video in my post Get Up, Get Moving and Get Sexy, Part 1. Well, I love the site and wanted to go into a little more detail as to why I think it’s a great resource for finding fitness videos.
I find it very frustrating to buy a workout video only to realize it’s too easy, too advanced or the instructor is utterly annoying. Well, I figured there had to be a better way to determine whether a video was worthy of my investment.
After searching on google, I found Collage Video and feel in love. It contains over 900 on-line fitness video previews. But, that’s not all. (Did that sound like an informercial or what?) 🙂 Anyway, you can also do searches based on what you’re looking for in a workout video.
What search features are available?
- Instructor or Brand – If you have a favorite instructor or workout brand, you can find all the videos in the database by that particular instructor or brand. (Right now, my favorite instructors are Michelle Dozois and Amy Bento.)
- Goals – Many videos are designed to target specific areas of the body or needs. You’re able to find those videos that are more geared toward weight loss, flexibility, endurance, or other specific needs.
- Level – Each video has been labeled by degree of difficulty, from beginner to advanced. In addition, they’ve included specialty videos, including pregnancy, senior’s and even kid’s workouts.
- Workout Type – Whether you’re into dance, kickboxing, strength training, or basic cardio, you can find the videos specifically listed as such.
- Length – You don’t have to sort through tons of videos that are an hour or longer if you’re only looking for a 30 minute workout. You can pull up only the ones that fit into your time requirements.
- Equipment Used – Whatever happened to just a good heart-pumping cardio floor workout or simple dumbbells. Now there are stability balls, rubber tubing and all sorts of other workout equipment. It can get very expensive if you have to buy different equipment for each video. This feature makes it easier to search based on the equipment you already have available to you.
Another one of my favorite features is the workout breakdown. In other words, when you find a video you think you’re interested in and click through to get more information, you can see how much of the running time is devoted to warm-up, toning, cardio and cool down. This of course varies depending on the type of workout you’ve selected.
Now, you’ll have to just go over and check out the site, because there are a few other cool features I didn’t mention that I think you’ll like also.
Have fun picking out your perfect workout video – then USE IT. 😉
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION