Until the last few days, I didn’t really realize just how much I depend on my computer. You see, last Sunday my Macbook died on me. Technically speaking, the hard drive went out.
Thankfully, my husband was able to recover all my files before replacing the hard drive. (It had been a while, or should I say way too long, since my last backup.) Lesson learned.
Anyway, back to my point.
I keep so much of my life on my computer -
- and spend too much time on the computer.
I can hardly remember what life was like before I became so dependent upon technology for many aspects of life. Just for the record, I admit I wasn’t without a computer, my husband left his so I would have one to use, but it just didn’t have all my stuff on it.
You know what I mean.
- The saved passwords for some of my favorite sites were not on his computer.
- My email accounts and RSS feed subscriptions were not set up on his computer.
- My Swagbucks toolbar was not at the top of the browser on his computer.
I could still get to most of all this stuff, but it was definitely more of a hassle.
So, you’re probably thinking this is sounding pretty drab about now, all about me missing my computer.
Well, the truth is I learned something from this whole ordeal. Since it was more difficult to do some of the things I take for granted on my computer, I just stayed away from the computer more the last few days.
By staying away, I actually was able to accomplish more around the house and I spent a little more time with the kids too. I learned that it’s not going to kill me if I only check my email or facebook twice a day, instead of 10 times a day. It was actually nice to take the break.
Maybe my computer dying was really a blessing in disguise.
What would you miss most on your computer if it wasn’t there tomorrow?
- Guest Post at Organizing-Life No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I went on a week long vacation and didn't have...
- Finding Balance for My Busy Life Before I quit my job to stay home, I heard other stay-at-home moms talk about how much busier they were...
- Guest Post at Hearth Management Come and join me today over at Heart(h) Management for my guest post You're Gonna Miss This. I'm sharing my...
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION