Do you ever get ideas or thoughts you don’t want to forget at times when you are least likely to have a pen and paper handy? Okay, well I do sometimes.
It really irritates me when I tell myself, “I’ll remember that,” and soon after I’m asking myself, “what was I going to remember.” Then I waste two hours of my already busy day trying to recall whatever it was, only to come back to square one – I just plain don’t remember.
For some reason, I tend to have good ideas come to me at three inconvenient times during my day:
- while I’m trying to sleep in the middle of the night
- while I’m in the shower
- while I’m driving down the road
Now, those are not situations for which I normally would have a notepad and pen around. Therefore, most of those ideas or thoughts would just end up going down the drain, if I didn’t happen to remember them.
I decided there had to be a solution to these forgetful occasions. So, hold on to your chair because I have a rocket science solution to each of these situations. Here it goes:
- Place a notepad and pen by the bed at night. This way if I wake up in the middle of the night with an awesome idea or even a dream I want to remember, I can jot it down quickly and then go back to sleep. I don’t lay there worrying about whether I will forget it by morning and I don’t have to drag myself out of the bed to go write it down.
- Put a notepad and pen in the bathroom drawer. If I think of something I want to make a note of while in the shower, as soon as I get out, I can write it down. I’ve noticed that if I try to wait until I get dressed, brush my hair and put in my contacts, etc, the thing I wanted to remember has flown right out the door.
- Keep a pen and paper in the car or within easy reach in your purse. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stopped at a stop light or stop sign and jotted an idea down. In addition, since I keep mine in my purse, I have it wherever I go. I use it many times in stores for writing down product numbers, descriptions and prices I need to remember when I’m doing comparison shopping.
I know this is probably not my most mind blowing post, but I feel it has saved me some frustrations that come along with forgetfulness. Do you think I’m just getting old? Okay, don’t answer that.
Do you find that you come up with ideas at odd times? What do you do to make sure you don’t forget them?
This post is linked to Works for Me Wednesday.
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION