Crafts tend to be fun no matter what your age, especially when they can be shared with your kids. Do you hear the question, “Mom, can we do a project?” Well, I think I do about several times per week. My son has always loved doing crafts, and you can only do so much with construction paper, scissors and glue.
After looking around on the internet for kid’s crafts and thinking up a few on my own, I came up with a nice little list of items that should be in every child’s craft box. With these items you have many options and variety when deciding which projects you wish to do.
- Construction Paper
- Writing Instruments - Markers, Crayons, Pens & Pencils
- Googly Eyes
- Paper Lunch Bags
- White Paper Cups
- Popsicle Sticks
- Pipe Cleaners
- Cotton Balls
- Paper Plates
- Washable Paints
- Sponges and Brushes for Painting
- Lace or Ribbon
These 18 items will greatly open up possibilities for your child’s imagination, as well as your own. A few other things you may consider adding to your box are simple items found around your house.
- Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- Empty Paper Towel Rolls
- Egg Cartons
- Old Magazines
- Coffee Cans
- Small Boxes
- Remnant Fabric
- Odd Buttons
- Don’t forget to include an old shirt or smock for painting
I keep our craft supplies in a large plastic Rubbermaid box, but there are many other ways you could store your supplies. A large plastic tool box, toy storage bins, or drawers in a small dresser would all work quite nicely as well.
Soon I hope to share with you some of the crafts that my son and I have come up with using some of these items. Until then, check out my favorite site for finding great children’s craft ideas, Enchanted Learning.
- The Great Exploration: Your Own Backyard Kids love to be outside especially when the weather is nice. They also love to do crafts. I came up...
- Flowers for Mommy You've been scrubbing floors and folding laundry all day. Suddenly, rushing through the front door your toddler thrusts forth a...
- Send Your Child a Video Message from Santa If you have a child, grandchild, other family member or friend who might enjoy receiving an email from Santa, you...
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION