“Laughter is an instant vacation.”– Milton Berle
Can you imagine a world without laughter? Boy, what a boring place it would be. One of the most wonderful sounds in the world is that of a child’s laughter, especially when it comes from your own little bundles of joy.
The other night as my kids were playing, I simply closed my eyes to savor the sounds of their laughter. Far too often, we take for granted the little things in life that make life enjoyable, like a child’s laughter.
Our undivided attention is often given to soothing our kids because of nightmares, boo boos and disappointments, but let’s also learn to listen to and cherish their giggles. They won’t be young for long and all we will be left with are those memories of their childhood laughter. With that in mind, let’s take a little time today to draw laughter out of them.
Need some ideas?
Oh, be creative, but here are a few of my favorites:
• Tickles: Most kids love to be tickled. It’s always a great start for those little munchkins.
• Stories: For the older variety, try telling a comical story about something you did in your younger days, and have a great laugh together at your expense. Be careful about what you tell though. You wouldn’t want to give them any ideas.
• Movies: Funny movies also provide plenty of humorous moments. So dig out a favorite hilarious family movie, pop it in the DVD player and have a blast. Don’t forget the popcorn.
Whatever you choose to do to provoke laughter, just have yourself a mini vacation from the mundane.
What ways can you think of to make your kids laugh?
- Being a Mom is So Worth It: Sharing the Love I thought since Mother's day is just a few days away, we could have a time of sharing among us...
- 5 Lessons You Can Learn from Kids Have you ever really thought about how our children can teach us about life? Okay, you may be tempted to...
- Beating Road Trip Boredom: Entertaining the Kids It's that time of year again when we start taking family trips. One major challenge though when it comes to...
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION