Have your ever heard anyone say, “Oh, I’m just a mom?” You may have made that statement yourself at some point. I’m sure I have a few times.
Well, one day I started thinking about all the extraordinary roles we have the privilege of fulfilling daily, because we are moms. I can say, due to tons of practice, we probably become exceptional at them all. So, if you think you are just a mom, check this out. Here’s who I say we are:
- We are chefs - Everyday we’re gladly working to cook healthy and delicious meals for our families. Some days that consists of three times a day.
- We are nurses - How many times have we nursed boo-boos and bad colds? We’ve lovingly worked the day-shift and the night-shift caring for our precious babies.
- We are investors - Our time, energy and love is generously invested in nurturing, playing, planning, and all the other things we moms do to keep our families happy and cared for.
- We are accountants - Between paying the bills, balancing the checkbook, budgeting, and doling out allowances, we faithfully ensure the family finances are in order.
- We are chauffeurs - Yes, you know who does the majority of the chauffeuring around. From school to ball practice to church to a friend’s house, back and forth we loyally go.
- We are attorneys - If somebody wrongs our kids, we will unmercifully defend our own to the end. Don’t we know this is true!
- We are cheerleaders - Whether it be for math or football, or even just a confidence builder, our cheers and encouragement are lavishly bestowed on our own little team members.
- We are counselors - Our ears are always ready to listen when sadness or disappointment lands in the laps of our children. Advice we give freely with love.
- We are professional housekeepers - It may not be the most pleasurable job in the world, but we make our house a home. We create a cozy and comfy place to relax at the end of the day.
- We are teachers - Our kids are always learning from us, even when we don’t realize it. We are the most important teachers in their lives.
- We are fashion consultants - When our toddlers make their grand entrances with purple polka dot shirts and blue striped pants, we tactfully and tenderly guide them in developing a more coordinated style.
And last but definitely not least…
- We are EXTREMELY Wealthy Women - Despite all the tasks we steadfastly do on a regular basis, we may not earn a dime in the world’s eyes. In our eyes, however, the adoration and smiles we receive from our families are worth more than all the money in the world.
Let’s try to never begrudge our roles as moms. Yes, we do a lot, but isn’t it all worth it at the end of the day. We make the lives of our families more comfortable and secure. I know I wouldn’t want it any other way.
So, I ask again. Who says we’re JUST moms?
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
- My Entrance into the World of Stay at Home Moms Since I am going to be doing an awful lot of writing about a lot of issues concerning stay at...
- 16 Ways to Rejuvenate Do you ever just need a break? Of course, you do. We all do. No matter how much fun and...
- Mommy’s Idea Book: From My Family to Yours Welcome to Mommy's Idea Book! I've learned many things the last few years about juggling the rolls of a wife,...
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION