Do you ever just need a break? Of course, you do. We all do. No matter how much fun and satisfaction we derive from taking care of our families, some times we need to take a step back and recoup ourselves.
The only way we can give our families our best is to find our best self. If you’re a mom, you’ve probably learned that being a mom can at times be:
- and the list goes on…
This is why it’s imperative that we find avenues for replenishing the needs of our bodies and minds. Here are a few of my favorite ways for achieving these goals:
- Eat well – veggies, fruits, whole grains (you know, eat the good stuff)
- Exercise regularly – you’ll feel better, look better and be more confident
- Get plenty of sleep – not much explanation needed here
- Pamper yourself – nails, hair, shopping trip, soak in the tub, massage
- Listen to your body – be aware of signs of exhaustion, dehydration, etc
- Get creative – draw, paint, sew, write/journal, get crafty
- Rediscover you passions – charities, hobbies, anything that inspires you
- Read the Bible & pray – spiritual renewal, peace, guidance
- Loosen up – laugh, dance, sing
- Drink plenty of water – to detox and stay hydrated
- Have a “Girls Night/Day Out” – shop or just hang out for some good woman to woman conversation and fun
- Dress up for no good reason and go out – it’ll make you feel good all over
- Just say no – before your plate (appointments/engagements) gets too full
- Have a piece of chocolate – every girl needs a little chocolate once in a while
- Take a deep breath and relax
- Enjoy life – it’s too short for anything less
Try incorporating a few of these ideas into your life and see if it doesn’t bring a little more pep into your step. Yes, we are moms, and we are wives, but that shouldn’t mean we have to put our health, our dreams or our passions aside.
We must learn to intertwine these things into our roles as mothers and spouses. The main point here is don’t lose yourself, your well-being or your peace of mind because you’re a mom. Go give yourself a break.
Let me hear you now. What would you add to this list?
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION