Yesterday, out of the blue, I asked my seven year old what Christmas is about. His immediate response was Jesus!
Nothing about presents, Santa, pretty lights, Christmas trees…
Yes, I’ve written about Santa sending video messages and how to make food for his reindeer, but all those things are just for fun and well…unimportant. They bring brief happiness, but true joy only comes from believing in the one who was born the very first Christmas.
Nothing compares to the true reason we celebrate Christmas. I’m so thankful that God loves us enough that he sent his son to bring us real peace, joy and salvation.
I challenge you to ask yourself these questions this holiday season.
- Do your kids realize that it’s not about the presents or Santa?
- Do you get so caught up in shopping, decorating, baking….the spirit of the holidays…. that you don’t have time to mediate on Jesus?
- Are you stressing yourself over things that don’t really matter, that will be gone and over in a few weeks?
And oh yes, I ask myself these questions too.
The key is to remember that Christmas truly is about Him and to live our lives, not just at Christmas, but throughout the year, in a way that proves we believe it.
Then we won’t care so much about the other stuff and neither will our kids.
Be blessed this holiday season (and don’t eat too many sweets ) Ha!
KEEP UP WITH MOMMYSIDEABOOK...
You should subscribe to my RSS feed to read updates in your favorite rss reader.
- Sunday Devotion: A Faithful Friendship Sometimes being a friend means sticking around when it's not comfortable and when you don't think it is in your...
- How to Make Reindeer Food Okay moms, this is a project all of you can do with your kids....or grandkids. It only takes about 15...
- Send Your Child a Video Message from Santa If you have a child, grandchild, other family member or friend who might enjoy receiving an email from Santa, you...
Interested in advertising on Mommys Idea Book?
Join with other subscribers to receive Mommy's Idea Book updates. Subscribe either by RSS or get updates via email by using the form below.
FOOD AND ENTERTAINING
HOME AND ORGANIZATION